Flower decorative cultures,
Grain, leguminous crops,
Ornamental trees and shrubs,
Boric acid is applied to the majority of cultures. Plant’s nutrition and recommendations for use for a particular type of fertilizer application are connected to the plant’s growth and development stage. Depending on the purpose, boric acid solutions are recommended for usage for different crops at different periods of vegetation:
Boron is beneficial to new fast-growing cells as it makes up biochemical compounds in plant tissues. In order to enlarge the root system, it is recommended to use boric acid for soil fertilization right after planting and after 2-3 weeks.
- Strawberry - application in early spring or during the period of flower stalks formation. Boric acid promotes fruit formation, increases sugar content and prevents grey fungus;
- Pears and apples – first application during the rosebud period and second application in a week after the blooming. Boric acid decreases the amount of falling sets and increases the yield by 30 %;
- Grapes – application in case of chlorosis symptoms appearance regardless of plant growth stage. Application during the period of grapes blooming results in plentiful ovaries which later should be controlled because of their abundance;
- Tomatoes – application during the flower-bud formation and blooming periods will increase the amount of ovaries as well as fruit’s sugar content;
- Potatoes – applies on potato tubers before planting as a prophylactic agent for scab prevention especially if disease cases occurred last year;
- Beet – applies as a prophylactic agent for phoma prevention. If applied during the stage of 5-6 true leaves the fertilizer will significantly increase the yield (1 application for beet is enough);
- Roses – applies as a prophylactic agent against fungus diseases. Fertilizer is more effective when applied during the flower-bud stage, it will help the rose grow bigger and will increase its blooming period;
- Gladioluses – if applied during the 3-5 true leaves stage the fertilizer will increase the size of onions and the output of planting material. Bulbs can’t be affected by fungus diseases;
- Dahlias – foliar application during the period of flower-bud formation with a second application in 10 days stimulates vigorous blooming, flowers grow bigger than usual consequently they will need to be tied up.